Everybody loves a good Gingerbread Recipe, especially during the holiday seasonÂ Top them with our Royal Icing Recipe and these simple cookies turn into a decortive treat that the whole family will love!
- 2 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Into a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt)
- Into a separate bowl cream shortening and sugar together.Â Beat in Egg and molasses
- Mix shortening mixture into the dry ingredients
- Flour counter top and roll out dough
- cut your cookie shapes and bake on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes
- Cool on a cooling rack
Once cooled top them with our ROYAL ICING RECIPE along with sprinkles or candy and these will sure to be a hit!
I noticed when baking these cookies that no where in the beating
part of it did it include to add the Molasses into the wet mixture.
Perhaps the recipe should be revised. Other than that, they
turned out perfect.